At 16:08:12 today a new release of phuser hit the servers.
This one continues the vein of the previous release – consolidation before expansion. With an emphasis on gripes and problems reported by our early-users, the 43 documented changes cover all manner of things from Help to better handling of bounced email:
1) New Getting Started Walkthrough. This is the first draft of one of a series of walkthroughs we are developing right now. Whether you are an elite-phuser or a nervous novice, take a couple of minutes to step through the guide and tell us what you think. Once we’re happy that the style and approach is hitting the spot we’ll refine the presentation and add new walkthroughs over the next few releases. The intro tour has also been re-jigged, so if you still know nothing about phuser then this is the place to start.
2) It’s annoying when you send a phuse member a Question or Poll phuseBlock email and it bounces or hits an auto-reply service. Your nice phuse gets filled with ugly administration email. Well not any more. phuser is a bit more alert these days and will replace these messages with a short notice so you know what happened. Because of email’s ad-hoc nature this isn’t perfect, so if any nasty bounces or auto-replies end up in your phuse please tell us and we’ll deal with it.
3) Calendar Coordinator is dead . Long live Date Decider . Thanks to everyone who voted for this in the phuser GUI improvements phuse
4) New smileys.
5) Ever wanted to invite loads of your 2nd degree friends into your phuser network at once? It was a bit of a pain before. Now you can just tick the tick boxes in your profile page or in your friend’s profile page.
6) Improved support for BB code in phuseblocks etc.
7) Stacks of niggly bugs and inconsistencies have been nailed. A selection of which:
- Ordering phuses in my phuses by ‘Created’ actually works now.
- Accidentally inviting an existing network member no longer gives an error.
Calendary CoordinatorDate Decider: Correct list of message recipients when using resend feature. Other minor tweaks to the UI.
- No longer forced to send a message when conluding phuseBlocks.
- Privacy loophole fixed – phuseBlock creators were able to contact phuse members outside their network.
- The phuseBlock Gallery has returned to form after a long illness.
- Loads of other things that are too dull even for this bullet list.
Remember, phuser accounts are by invitation at the moment so if you don’t have one and would like to join our esteemed and mostly merry band of beta users, just ask.